King Kaumualii Elementary School serves 545 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
King Kaumualii Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Hawaii for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 49% (which is higher than the Hawaii state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 56% (which is higher than the Hawaii state average of 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Hawaii state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Hawaii state average of 89% (majority Asian).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 545 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 95%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in HI
- Math Proficiency: 49% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 56% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), HI Dept. of Education
King Kaumualii Elementary School's student population of 545 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
King Kaumualii Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 292 schools in Hawaii (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of King Kaumualii Elementary School is 0.78, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.80. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (HI)
Overall Testing Rank
#67 out of 292 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), HI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is King Kaumualii Elementary School's ranking?
King Kaumualii Elementary School is ranked #67 out of 292 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Hawaii.
What schools are King Kaumualii Elementary School often compared to?
King Kaumualii Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Elsie H Wilcox Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% HI state average), while 56% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 50% HI state average).
How many students attend King Kaumualii Elementary School?
545 students attend King Kaumualii Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
28% of King Kaumualii Elementary School students are Asian, 25% of students are Two or more races, 23% of students are Hawaiian, 19% of students are Hispanic, and 5% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of King Kaumualii Elementary School?
King Kaumualii Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Hawaii state average of 14:1.
What grades does King Kaumualii Elementary School offer ?
King Kaumualii Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is King Kaumualii Elementary School part of?
King Kaumualii Elementary School is part of Hawaii Department Of Education School District.
Thank u ... King k was the best school I ever been too! I've been there for 6 years or 5 but it was the best.. Kids like us should start going there cause it is the best school in the universe ...
Review King Kaumualii Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.