Lafayette Elementary School
Lafayette Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Lafayette Elementary School's student population of 700 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lafayette Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 200 schools in District of Columbia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank||#4 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Murch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 625 students
4810 36th St Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202)282-0130 0.9 PK-5 625
- Chevy Chase Chevy Chase Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 558 students
4015 Rosemary St
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301)657-4994 1.0 3-6 558
- Washington Wilson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1791 students
3950 Chesapeake St Nw
Washington, DC 20016
(202)282-0120 1.2 9-12 1791
- Chevy Chase Somerset Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 570 students
5811 Warwick Pl
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301)657-4985 1.3 PK-5 570
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.