Somerset Elementary School
- Somerset Elementary School's student population of 595 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||595 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Somerset Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#254 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chevy Chase Chevy Chase Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 556 students
4015 Rosemary St
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301)657-4994 1.0 3-6 556
- Bethesda Bethesda Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 598 students
7600 Arlington Rd
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)657-4979 1.2 PK-5 598
- Bethesda Westland Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1352 students
5511 Massachusetts Ave
Bethesda, MD 20816
(301)320-6515 1.2 6-8 1352
- Bethesda Bethesda-chevy Chase High School Grades: 9-12 | 2064 students
4301 East-west Hwy
Bethesda, MD 20814
(240)497-6300 1.3 9-12 2064
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.