Lanier Elementary School
Lanier Elementary School serves 459 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Lanier Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Georgia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Georgia state average of 62% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 459 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 33%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in GA
- Math Proficiency: 65% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Lanier Elementary School's student population of 459 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lanier Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,196 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Lanier Elementary School is 0.48, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#481 out of 2196 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
This school allows students to consistently be bullied with no intervention. Children are just told to use the debug system, yet when it doesn't work they fail to address the issue. They continue to allow children to be behind and struggle with no assistance or intervention or actively search for a way to help these children. When you ask for a conference, they ignore you or tell you that it isn't needed at this time, once you get a conference of your child is too far behind for the conference to even matter.
Review Lanier Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.