Lansing Middle School
Lansing Middle School serves 63 students in grades 7-8.
Lansing Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-89% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 69%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-79% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Lansing Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
Lansing Middle School's student population of 63 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 42% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lansing Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,227 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Lansing Middle School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#268 out of 1227 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IA Dept. of Education
Review Lansing Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public School Review Diversity Report: Which States Have the Most Diverse Public Schools?
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
L.A. Philanthropic Group Commits Large Sum to Promote Arts in District Schools
A $750,000 gift to Los Angeles Unified School District will go to expanding art programs in schools throughout the district.
Do Public Schools Need to Teach More Math and Science?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?