Laurel Hill School
- Laurel Hill School's student population of 394 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||394 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Laurel Hill School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1630 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Okaloosa School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lockhart Ws Harlan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 277 students
1641 Mohegan St
Lockhart, AL 36455
(334) 858-3294 7.3 PK-6 277
- Florala Florala High School Grades: 7-12 | 226 students
22114 Begonia St
Florala, AL 36442
(334) 858-3765 7.9 7-12 226
- Paxton Paxton School Grades: PK-12 | 801 students
21893 Us Highway 331 N
Paxton, FL 32538
(850) 892-1230 9.3 PK-12 801
- Crestview Davidson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,061 student
6261 Old Bethel Rd
Crestview, FL 32536
(850) 683-7500 13.0 6-8 1,061
- Crestview Crestview High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,965 student
1250 N Ferdon Blvd
Crestview, FL 32536
(850) 689-7177 13.2 9-12 1,965
Best school ever! Seen larger schools and they just don't give the students the one on one like Laurel Hill.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - amand
As a parent and a child who attended 7 years. Academics are good. Would like to have seen more extracurricular activities. Facility is very neat/tidy. School teachers are great but do not communicate with parents and let them know about extreme changes in grades. School has changed principals 4 times in 7 years. Majority of students are WONDERFUL! However, my child was hit by a student who's parent was also a staff member of the school and no punishment. Another student also also sexually harrassed and assaulted my child and nothing good came of it. Another family member of mine was also the victim of TWO fights. One physical. Another was when students threw rocks at him. Principal refuses to hear parents side of explanations. School Resource Officer brown noses principals and does not appear to provide a safe environment for students. I pulled my child out Friday and not to return.
- Posted by Parent - we2lo
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.