Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Downtown Miami Charter School Grades: PK-6 | 661 students
305 Nw 3rd Ave
Miami, FL 33128
(305)579-2112 0.1 PK-6 661
- Miami New World School Of Arts Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
25 Ne 2nd St
Miami, FL 33132
(305)237-3135 0.3 9-12 504
- Miami Mater Academy East Charter Grades: PK-5 | 603 students
450 Sw 4th St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)324-4667 0.5 PK-5 603
- Miami Ada Merritt K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 731 students
660 Sw 3rd St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)326-0791 0.6 PK-8 731
The teachers in this school are all grade F teachers, not including the original teachers that were hired in the opening of the school, I will not mention names. (you will hear about these very few amazing teachers). Most of them are moved around from class to class unhappy with the subject they are teaching, so they do not perform as well as they should be; especially in a magnet school. You will find the main thing that goes on in this school is, Cheating. Now, lets face it, cheating is a known issue all over the Miami dade public school system, but never will you see a teacher provoke a student to cheat on there studies more then this school. After asking many of the teachers in this school questions about a subject you would believe they know, or things related to the school in general, they would either not know the answer to, or just simply tell the students to look it up for themselves. The education given at this institution is dreadful, and does not even deserve to be represented on a website such as www.publicschoolreview.com. This is a school that is much more worried about the test scores, and where they stand on the chart of top 100 school in the district/florida then the overall quality of the education given to the students. Im sorry, but the everything in this school is faulty, and a mirage to persuade all of you wonderful parents to allow your wonderful kids into a facility that may sound great, but is truly a disgrace to education, and the public school system in general. The administration does not care about giving the parents, or students the proper high school experience they should be giving in a school that is noticed and talked about. This school does not develop anything related to the question. You would believe that a school that advertises a motto stating "Honor, respect, integrity" would incorporate some type of program, class, or moral to provide your children the proper examples they need to advance in todays society, especially while they are growing into young adults; but none of the above is offered in this facility. This institution provokes people to lie, cover up, and procrastinate everything that is thrown at them. You can believe that it is normal for your freshman, 15 year old child to not do there homework or have an F in one of there classes, but once you start noticing that teachers, 35+ are procrastinating there work, not giving there full potential into there teaching methods, bad mouthing students, teachers and administration in front of all there classes... something needs to be changed. Fairness, no such things exists in Law enforcement officers' memorial high school. Everything in the facility is favoritism, down to the administration itself. this school provokes its students to bad mouth, and create problems amongst each other. You would assume that a school that holds 350 kids and less, would have perfected how to deal with the little drama that happens in a high
- Posted by Teacher - lopez