Leon High School
Leon High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Leon High School's student population of 2,081 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 92 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,081 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leon High School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#938 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||LEON School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee Frank Hartsfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 443 students
1414 Chowkeebin Nene
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850)488-7322 1.4 PK-5 443
- Tallahassee Ruediger Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 518 students
526 W 10th Ave
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)488-1074 1.4 PK-5 518
- Tallahassee Raa Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 866 students
401 W Tharpe St
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)488-6287 1.5 6-8 866
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.