Lewis E Rowe Elementary School
Lewis E Rowe Elementary School serves 719 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Lewis E Rowe Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Nevada for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 36%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Nevada state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Nevada state average of 68% (majority Hispanic).
Lewis E Rowe Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Lewis E Rowe Elementary School's student population of 719 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lewis E Rowe Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 671 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Lewis E Rowe Elementary School is 0.61, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NV)
Overall Testing Rank
#146 out of 671 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NV Dept. of Education
Review Lewis E Rowe Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.