Limestone-central Elementary School
Limestone-central Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Limestone-central Elementary School's student population of 430 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Limestone-central Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,142 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#785 out of 1142 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherokee 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gaffney Granard Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 547 students
815 West Rutledge Avenue
Gaffney, SC 29341
(864) 206-2302 1.9 6-8 547
- Gaffney B. D. Lee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 348 students
401 Overbrook Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
(864) 206-6432 2.3 PK-5 348
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.