Lizana Elementary School
Lizana Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Lizana Elementary School's student population of 481 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lizana Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#101 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harrison County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gulfport Roger Amos Mcmurtry School Grades: 7-12 | 43 students
14426 James Bond Road
Gulfport, MS 39503
(228) 328-6000 3.7 7-12 43
- Gulfport Lyman Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 588 students
14222 Old Highway 49
Gulfport, MS 39503
(228) 832-2257 7.4 K-6 588
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?