Lorraine Elementary School
- Lorraine Elementary School's student population of 756 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lorraine Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,188 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#512 out of 2188 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rockdale County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Conyers Edwards Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 968 students
2633 Stanton Rd Se
Conyers, GA 30094
(770)483-3255 4.1 6-8 968
- Stockbridge Pleasant Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 541 students
150 Reagan Rd
Stockbridge, GA 30281
(770)898-0176 4.1 PK-5 541
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.