- Lotus School's student population of 484 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lotus School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2115 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fox Lake GSD 114 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grass Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 176 students
26177 W Grass Lake
Antioch, IL 60002
(847)395-1550 2.2 PK-8 176
- Fox Lake Grant Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 1836 students
285 E Grand Ave
Fox Lake, IL 60020
(847)587-2561 2.6 9-12 1836
- Lake Villa Gateway School Grades: 9-12 | 4 students
1625 Deep Lake Rd
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(847)838-7679 2.7 9-12 4
- Fox Lake Stanton School Grades: 5-8 | 298 students
101 Hawthorne Ln
Fox Lake, IL 60020
(847)973-4200 2.7 5-8 298
- Ingleside Gavin Central Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 487 students
36414 N Ridge Rd
Ingleside, IL 60041
(847)973-3280 3.1 PK-4 487
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.