Iberia Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public high schools in Iberia Parish School District, serving 4,285 students.
- Public high school in Iberia Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 63% (versus the Louisiana public high school average of 61%), and reading proficiency score of 76% (versus the 69% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 30% of public high schools in Louisiana.
- public high school in Iberia Parish School District have a Graduation Rate of 82%, which is more than the Louisiana average of 80%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Delcambre High School, with ≥95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Louisiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana public high school average of 51% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the Louisiana public high school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Iberia Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(337)365-2341|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||402 Schools|
|# of Students||4,285 Students||246,300 Students|
|# of Teachers||230 Teachers||13,958 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
- Iberia Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 107 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 81% has increased from 71% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 Students||2,034 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||125 Students||3,948 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||180 Students||13,460 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,776 Students||101,486 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,144 Students||120,950 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||148 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||53 Students||4,274 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,511|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,033|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,087|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,141|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,269|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||3,401|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||3,834|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||83||5,837|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||249||8,981|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||245||9,352|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,081||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||897||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||883||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||847||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,468 in this school district is less than the state average of $54,312. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,139 is less than the state average of $51,430. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$145 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$141 MM||$39 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,468||$54,312|
|Spending / Student||$10,139||$51,430|
Iberia Parish School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Delcambre High School 601 West Main Street
Delcambre, LA 70528
Grades: 6-12 | 572 students
- Loreauville High School 410 North Main Street
Loreauville, LA 70552
Grades: 7-12 | 507 students
- New Iberia Senior High School 1301 East Admiral Doyle Drive
New Iberia, LA 70560
Grades: 9-12 | 1695 students
- Westgate High School 2305 Jefferson Island Road
New Iberia, LA 70560
Grades: 9-12 | 1090 students
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.