Top La Salle Parish Public Preschools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public preschools in La Salle Parish, LA, serving 1,050 students.
- La Salle Parish, LA public preschool have an average math proficiency score of 75% (versus the Louisiana public pre school average of 66%), and reading proficiency score of 84% (versus the 71% statewide average). Pre schools in La Salle Parish have an average ranking in the top 20% of Louisiana public pre schools.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana public preschool average of 57% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Louisiana public preschool average of 17:1.
Top La Salle Parish Public Preschools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Fellowship Elementary School 1650 Hwy. 773
Trout, LA 71371
Grades: PK-7 | 146 students
- Jena Elementary School1941 East Oak Street
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-2 | 358 students
- Nebo Elementary School 300 Hwy. 777
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
- Olla-standard Elementary School 4170 School Drive
Olla, LA 71465
Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.