St. James Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 public schools in St. James Parish School District, serving 3,822 students.
- Public school in St. James Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 73% (versus the Louisiana public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 73% (versus the 70% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Louisiana public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||St. James Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(225)258-4501|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||8 Schools||1,390 Schools|
|# of Students||3,822 Students||715,114 Students|
|# of Teachers||259 Teachers||40,276 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
- St. James Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 167 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85% has increased from 72% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||4,792 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 Students||11,353 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||74 Students||49,532 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,360 Students||311,575 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,359 Students||319,574 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||549 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 Students||17,739 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||330||27,491|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||239||53,085|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||257||54,599|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||271||53,486|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||281||55,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||270||55,850|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||233||55,472|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||270||53,705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||297||52,938|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||242||52,225|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||293||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||296||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||261||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||282||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,506 in this school district is less than the state average of $54,312. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,906 is less than the state average of $51,430. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$58 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$56 MM||$39 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,506||$54,312|
|Spending / Student||$14,906||$51,430|
St. James Parish School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Fifth Ward Elementary School 8184 Villavaso Street
Saint James, LA 70086
Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
- Gramercy Elementary School 601 E Second Street
Gramercy, LA 70052
Grades: PK-6 | 569 students
- Lutcher Elementary School 2461 N. King Avenue
Lutcher, LA 70071
Grades: PK-5 | 140 students
- Lutcher High School 1910 West Main Street
Lutcher, LA 70071
Grades: 7-12 | 1023 students
- Paulina Elementary School 2756 Highway 44
Paulina, LA 70763
Grades: PK-6 | 638 students
- St. James High School 5181 Wildcat Street
Saint James, LA 70086
Grades: 7-12 | 648 students
- Sixth Ward Elementary School 3245 Valcour Aime Street
Vacherie, LA 70090
Grades: PK-6 | 370 students
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.