Sixth Ward Elementary School
Sixth Ward Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Sixth Ward Elementary School's student population of 283 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sixth Ward Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#814 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. James Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paulina Paulina Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 645 students
2756 Highway 44
Paulina, LA 70763
(225)258-4704 2.3 PK-6 645
- Lutcher Lutcher Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 123 students
2461 N. King Avenue
Lutcher, LA 70071
(225)258-5402 4.2 PK-5 123
- Lutcher Lutcher High School Grades: 7-12 | 1004 students
1910 West Main Street
Lutcher, LA 70071
(225)258-5314 4.5 7-12 1004
- Gramercy Gramercy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 595 students
601 E Second Street
Gramercy, LA 70052
(225)258-4804 5.0 PK-6 595
- Saint James St. James High School Grades: 7-12 | 663 students
5181 Wildcat Street
Saint James, LA 70086
(225)258-4904 5.0 7-12 663
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.