West St. John High School
West St. John High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 10%)
West St. John High School's student population of 195 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
West St. John High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of West St. John High School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#960 out of 1277 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. John The Baptist Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to West St. John High School is East St. John High School (4.4 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is West St. John Elementary School (k-7) (2.1 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Edgard West St. John Elementary School (k-7) Grades: PK-7 | 302 students
2555 La Hwy. 18
Edgard, LA 70049
(985) 497-3347 2.1 PK-7 302
- Reserve Fifth Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 495 students
158 Panther Drive
Reserve, LA 70084
(985) 536-4221 2.7 PK-4 495
- La Place John L. Ory Communications Magnet Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 457 students
182 West Fifth Street
La Place, LA 70068
(985) 651-3700 4 K-8 457
- La Place East St. John Elementary School Grades: 5-8 | 426 students
400 Ory Drive
La Place, LA 70068
(985) 536-8450 4.3 5-8 426
- Garyville St. John Child Development Center Grades: PK | 96 students
117 Stebbins Street
Garyville, LA 70051
(985) 535-3917 4.3 PK 96
Learn why teens appear de-motivated and how you can stimulate their motivation to achieve more in their academic and social endeavors.
Your child's public school could be the scene of asbestos. Learn about the risk factors and what schools have recently been impacted by the presence of asbestos.
While reading, writing, and arithmetic are the foundation of a child's education, financial literacy is growing in importance as well. Learn about public schools that are teaching financial literacy to their students.