Fifth Ward Elementary School
Fifth Ward Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Fifth Ward Elementary School's student population of 136 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fifth Ward Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#588 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. James Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Geismar Donaldsonville Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 489 students
38210 Hwy 3089
Geismar, LA 70734
(225)391-7600 4.5 PK-2 489
- Saint James St. James High School Grades: 7-12 | 663 students
5181 Wildcat Street
Saint James, LA 70086
(225)258-4904 5.5 7-12 663
- Geismar Donaldsonville High School Grades: 9-12 | 457 students
100 Tiger Drive
Geismar, LA 70734
(225)391-7900 7.0 9-12 457
- Donaldsonville Lowery Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 377 students
2389-b Hwy 1 South
Donaldsonville, LA 70346
(225)391-7500 8.3 3-5 377
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.