West St. John Elementary School (k-7)
- West St. John Elementary School (k-7)'s student population of 293 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West St. John Elementary School (k-7)'s student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#460 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. John the Baptist Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reserve Fifth Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 398 students
158 Panther Drive
Reserve, LA 70084
(985)536-4221 2.1 PK-8 398
- Edgard West St. John High School Grades: 8-12 | 188 students
480 La Hwy 3127
Edgard, LA 70049
(985)497-3271 2.1 8-12 188
- Garyville St. John Child Development Center Grades: PK | 101 students
117 Stebbins Street
Garyville, LA 70051
(985)535-3917 2.9 PK 101
- Reserve East St. John High School Grades: 9-12 | 1433 students
#1 Wildcat Drive
Reserve, LA 70084
(985)536-4226 3.1 9-12 1433
- La Place East St. John Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 629 students
400 Ory Drive
La Place, LA 70068
(985)536-8450 3.3 PK-8 629
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.