Willow Charter Academy School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Willow Charter Academy School District serving 475 students in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Willow Charter Academy School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lafayette Willow Charter Academy 1818 Northeast Evangeline Thro
Lafayette, LA 70501
Grades: K-7 | 475 students
|School District Name||Willow Charter Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||475 students|
|# of Teachers||41 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||251 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||224 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||451 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||19 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Willow Charter Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.