Lovejoy Discovery School #43
Lovejoy Discovery School #43 places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Lovejoy Discovery School #43's student population of 674 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||674 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lovejoy Discovery School #43's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3873 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buffalo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Woodrow Wilson Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 284 students
166 Halstead Ave
Buffalo, NY 14212
(716)891-6419 0.7 3-5 284
- Buffalo Alternative High School At 44 Grades: 7-12 | 243 students
Buffalo, NY 14212
(716)816-3480 1.0 7-12 243
- Buffalo Frederick Olmsted #156 Grades: 5-12 | 817 students
Buffalo, NY 14215
(716)816-4330 1.2 5-12 817
- Buffalo Harvey Austin School #97 Grades: PK-8 | 598 students
1405 Sycamore St
Buffalo, NY 14211
(716)816-4460 1.2 PK-8 598
- Buffalo P.S. 69 Houghton Academy Grades: PK-8 | 511 students
1725 Clinton St
Buffalo, NY 14206
(716)816-4794 1.2 PK-8 511
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.