Lowell High School
Lowell High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Lowell High School's student population of 3,145 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 213 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||213 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lowell High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#293 out of 1667 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lowell School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lowell Lowell Middlesex Academy Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 94 students
67 Middle Street
Lowell, MA 01852
(978)656-3165 0.3 9-12 94
- Lowell Lowell Community Charter Public School Grades: PK-8 | 817 students
206 Jackson Street
Lowell, MA 01852
(978)323-0800 0.4 PK-8 817
- Lowell Charlotte M Murkland Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 504 students
350 Adams Street
Lowell, MA 01854
(978)937-2826 0.5 PK-4 504
- Lowell Collegiate Charter School Of Lowell Grades: K-6 | 646 students
1857 Middlesex Street
Lowell, MA 01851
(978)458-1399 0.5 K-6 646
- Lowell Greenhalge Grades: PK-4 | 501 students
149 Ennell Street
Lowell, MA 01850
(978)937-7670 0.7 PK-4 501
Am an Ugandan teacher in Africa. I got to know of your school from a student of mine who was your student. Am requesting to interact with you guys to improve my work too.
- Posted by Teacher - Ezra semakula
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.