Lowpoint-washburn Elementary School
Lowpoint-washburn Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Lowpoint-washburn Elementary School's student population of 190 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lowpoint-washburn Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#589 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lowpoint-Washburn CUSD 21 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washburn Lowpoint-washburn Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 147 students
Po Box 580
Washburn, IL 61570
(309) 248-7521 0.0 7-12 147
- Varna Midland High School Grades: 9-12 | 207 students
1830 State Route 17
Varna, IL 61375
(309) 463-2095 7.5 9-12 207
- Roanoke Roanoke-benson High School Grades: 9-12 | 164 students
208 W High St
Roanoke, IL 61561
(309) 923-8401 9.3 9-12 164
- Roanoke Sowers Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 203 students
202 W High St
Roanoke, IL 61561
(309) 923-6241 9.3 K-4 203
- Metamora Metamora Grade School Grades: PK-8 | 912 students
815 E Chatham St
Metamora, IL 61548
(309) 367-2361 9.5 PK-8 912
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?