Sowers Elementary School
- Sowers Elementary School's student population of 192 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sowers Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1431 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke Benson CUSD 60 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Roanoke-benson High School Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
208 W High St
Roanoke, IL 61561
(309)923-8401 0.0 9-12 170
- Benson Roanoke-benson Junior High School Grades: 5-8 | 136 students
131 W Reiter St
Benson, IL 61516
(309)394-2233 5.2 5-8 136
- Eureka Davenport Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 433 students
301 S Main St
Eureka, IL 61530
(309)467-3012 6.9 PK-4 433
- Eureka Eureka Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 449 students
2005 S Main St
Eureka, IL 61530
(309)467-3771 7.9 5-8 449
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.