Macdowell Montessori School K3-12
Macdowell Montessori School K3-12 places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Macdowell Montessori School K3-12's student population of 727 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||727 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Macdowell Montessori School K3-12's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1951 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milwaukee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 236 students
6700 N 80th St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414)256-8200 0.0 9-12 236
- Milwaukee Burbank Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 648 students
6035 W Adler St
Milwaukee, WI 53214
(414)256-8400 0.5 PK-8 648
- Milwaukee Hawley Environmental School Grades: PK-5 | 354 students
5610 W Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)256-8500 0.6 PK-5 354
- Milwaukee Woodlands School Grades: PK-8 | 351 students
5510 W Bluemound Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53208
(414)475-1600 0.6 PK-8 351
- Milwaukee Jefferson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 277 students
6927 Maple Ter
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)773-1200 0.7 PK-5 277
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.