Margaret Mead Junior High School
Margaret Mead Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Margaret Mead Junior High School's student population of 632 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||632 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Margaret Mead Junior High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#178 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Schaumburg CCSD 54 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elk Grove Village Adolph Link Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 625 students
900 W Glenn Trl
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
(847)357-5300 0.8 K-6 625
- Elk Grove Village Adlai Stevenson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 494 students
1414 Armstrong Ln
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
(847)357-5200 0.9 K-6 494
- Roselle Frederick Nerge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 663 students
660 N Woodfield Trl
Roselle, IL 60172
(847)357-5777 1.2 K-6 663
- Schaumburg Michael Collins Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 767 students
407 Summit Dr
Schaumburg, IL 60193
(847)357-6100 1.2 K-6 767
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.