Maricopa High School
Maricopa High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Maricopa High School's student population of 1,927 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||1,927 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Maricopa High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,842 schools in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Maricopa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maricopa Cavit - Maricopa Unified High School Grades: 9-12 | 1 students
45012 W. Honeycutt Ave
Maricopa, AZ 85239
(520)568-5100 0.0 9-12 1
- Maricopa Maricopa Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 762 students
18150 N. Alterra Pkwy.
Maricopa, AZ 85139
(520)568-5160 0.0 PK-7 762
- Maricopa Santa Cruz Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 460 students
19845 N. Costa Del Sol Rd.
Maricopa, AZ 85138
(520)568-5170 0.0 PK-6 460
- Maricopa Camino Montessori Grades: K-4 | 65 students
44301 West Maricopa/casa Grand
Maricopa, AZ 85138
(520)868-6145 0.4 K-4 65
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.