Maricopa Wells Middle School
- Maricopa Wells Middle School's student population of 851 students has grown by 65% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 57% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||851 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Maricopa Wells Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1531 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Maricopa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maricopa Cavit - Maricopa Unified Grades: 9-12
45012 W. Honeycutt Ave
Maricopa, AZ 85239
(520)568-5100 0.0 9-12 n/a
- Maricopa Maricopa Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 668 students
18150 N. Alterra Pkwy.
Maricopa, AZ 85139
(520)568-5160 0.0 PK-6 668
- Maricopa Maricopa High School Grades: 6-12 | 2058 students
45012 W. Honeycutt Ave.
Maricopa, AZ 85139
(520)568-8100 0.0 6-12 2058
- Maricopa Santa Cruz Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 403 students
19845 N. Costa Del Sol Rd.
Maricopa, AZ 85138
(520)568-5170 0.0 PK-6 403
- Maricopa Camino Montessori Grades: K-6 | 86 students
44301 West Maricopa/casa Grand
Maricopa, AZ 85138
(520)868-6145 0.4 K-6 86
Most of the students and teachers I've had throughout my life in Maricopa wells are bad, not friendly and mostly bullies. When I study there I got bully easily. Most of the students start fights. Their education always is low because the students are not good at their academics. The teachers I had there are horrible there not evenly very nice to me. When I got bullied they didn't do anything to suspend them, they would get always from them. The teacher treated me very badly and very mean.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Aaron
This is the best school I have went to so far.Teachers are so nice.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - student
This school is so nice .everyone is so nice
- Posted by Student/Alumni - studant
I love the school! I am a student in 8th grade. I have been at maricopa wells for three years now. The only problem I have with it is that during lunch people love to cut you in line, and blast inapropriate music, and the schedule which changed from the years in the past. Other wise it's an amazing school. And if your child has anxiety about school put the child in 20+1. I have been in 20+1 since 6th grade. It helps a lot with anxiety. 20+1 is my home away from home. My family. I trust them, and we work together. It helps with the stress of school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
Terrible school. Fights every day and students that are allowed to get away with bullying, disrespecting, and fighting. Classroom environments are chaotic which has takes away from those who WANT to learn. My daughter has anxiety every day at this school. Can't wait to take her out. Teachers do not communicate or answer emails (their preferred way to communicate)
- Posted by Parent - Ha
I really like this school ! Ive been here for three years and have always enjoyed it. From our dances to our classes, its overall a fun school. Being that it is an outdoor campus it gives us a certain feel of freedom which is something all schools should have. And if a student is getting bad grades you cant blame it on the school , its all in then studnent . You cant help a studnet that doesnt want help right?Ultimately loooove this school. Come check it out :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - srlon
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.