Marshall School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Marshall School's student population of 133 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshall School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Russian Mission Russian Mission School Grades: K-12 | 116 students
90 School Road
Russian Mission, AK 99657
(907)584-5126 0.0 K-12 116
- Lower Kalskag Zackar Levi Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 43 students
208 Beach Front Road
Lower Kalskag, AK 99626
(907)471-2318 37.2 3-6 43
- Kalskag George Morgan Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 51 students
209 Airport Road
Kalskag, AK 99607
(907)471-2288 37.8 7-12 51
- Kalskag Joseph S. & Olinga Gregory Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 74 students
207 Kusko River Road
Kalskag, AK 99607
(907)471-2289 37.8 PK-2 74
- Tuluksak Tuluksak School Grades: K-12 | 135 students
Tuluksak # 115
Tuluksak, AK 99679
(907)695-5625 49.5 K-12 135
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.