Marshall School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Marshall School's student population of 119 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshall School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#418 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Yukon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Marshall School is Russian Mission School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Russian Mission Russian Mission School Grades: K-12 | 125 students
90 School Rd
Russian Mission, AK 99657
(907)584-5126 0.0 K-12 125
- Lower Kalskag Zackar Levi Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 47 students
208 Beach Front Rd
Lower Kalskag, AK 99626
(907)471-2318 37.2 3-5 47
- Kalskag George Morgan Senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 61 students
209 Airport Rd
Kalskag, AK 99607
(907)471-2288 37.8 6-12 61
- Kalskag Joseph S. & Olinga Gregory Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 72 students
207 Kusko River Rd
Kalskag, AK 99607
(907)471-2289 37.8 PK-2 72
- Tuluksak Tuluksak School Grades: K-12 | 131 students
Tuluksak # 115
Tuluksak, AK 99679
(907)695-5625 49.5 K-12 131
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.