Mary E. Silveira Elementary School
Mary E. Silveira Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mary E. Silveira Elementary School's student population of 433 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mary E. Silveira Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1054 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dixie Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Rafael Miller Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 632 students
2255 Las Gallinas Ave.
San Rafael, CA 94903
(415)492-3760 0.6 6-8 632
- Novato Hamilton Meadow Park Grades: K-8 | 613 students
5530 Nave Dr.
Novato, CA 94949
(415)883-4691 1.4 K-8 613
- Novato Novato Charter Grades: K-8 | 268 students
940 C St.
Novato, CA 94949
(415)883-4254 1.4 K-8 268
- Novato Novato Early Intervention
1430 Johnson St.
Novato, CA 94947
(415)883-3942 1.5 n/a n/a
- San Rafael Marin County Juvenile Court Grades: 7-12 | 9 students
16 Jeannette Prandi Way
San Rafael, CA 94913
(415)499-5818 1.6 7-12 9
Nearby Homes for Sale
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.