Marshfield School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in Marshfield School District, serving 1,346 students. Public high school in Marshfield School District have an average math proficiency score of 89% (versus the Massachusetts public high school average of 68%), and reading proficiency score of 98% (versus the 78% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public high schools in Massachusetts.
- public high school in Marshfield School District have a Graduation Rate of 98%, which is more than the Massachusetts average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Marshfield High School, with 98% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Massachusetts or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public high school average of 39% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Massachusetts public high school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Marshfield School District|
|School District Website||http://www.mpsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(781) 834-5000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||406 Schools|
|# of Students||1,346 Students||326,760 Students|
|# of Teachers||108 Teachers||26,254 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
- Marshfield School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 302 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 97% has increased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#92 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||742 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||16 Students||20,776 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||38 Students||61,310 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 Students||34,827 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,269 Students||199,128 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||303 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 Students||9,587 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,150|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||1,430|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||1,407|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||1,478|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,440|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,453|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||2,406|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||4,762|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||8,229|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||10,536|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||320||76,601|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||344||73,016|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||338||71,748|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||344||70,028|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,076|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,648 in this school district is less than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,585 is less than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$70 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$65 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,648||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$15,585||$18,839|
Marshfield School District Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Marshfield High School 167 Forest Street
Marshfield, MA 02050
Grades: 9-12 | 1,346 student
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?