Rowe School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Rowe School District, serving 71 students.
- Public school in Rowe School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the Massachusetts public school average of 53%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 55% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Rowe School District|
|School District Website||http://Roweschool.com|
|School District Phone Number||(413)664-9292|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,854 Schools|
|# of Students||71 Students||953,765 Students|
|# of Teachers||8 Teachers||73,100 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||13:1|
- Rowe School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 401 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,101 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||65,657 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||191,117 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||86,292 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||63 Students||573,083 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||814 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||34,592 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||14||30,418|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8||65,872|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||13||68,019|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||4||68,249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10||70,066|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||7||72,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5||72,487|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10||71,261|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||70,928|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||71,968|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||76,550|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||72,922|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||71,687|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||69,978|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,196|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,638 is higher than the state average of $20,582. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $32,379 is higher than the state average of $19,689. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,638||$20,582|
|Spending / Student||$32,379||$19,689|
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.