Mcalpine Elementary School
Mcalpine Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mcalpine Elementary School's student population of 475 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mcalpine Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,555 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#252 out of 2555 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Endhaven Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 728 students
6815 Endhaven Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
(980)343-5436 1.1 PK-5 728
- Charlotte Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy Grades: K-8 | 375 students
5225 Seventy-seven Center Dr
Charlotte, NC 28217
(704)503-1112 1.2 K-8 375
- Charlotte South Charlotte Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 886 students
8040 Strawberry Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
(980)343-3670 1.8 6-8 886
- Charlotte Smithfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 669 students
3200 Smithfield Church Rd
Charlotte, NC 28210
(980)343-6550 2.3 PK-5 669
- Charlotte Olde Providence Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 741 students
3800 Rea Rd
Charlotte, NC 28226
(980)343-3755 2.5 K-5 741
McAlpine Elementary seemed like a really good school at first. My daughters Pre-K teachers are great and I trust them. My son is in an AU classroom and I trust his AU teachers, but recently he came home with 4 bruises that even my son's doctor says looks like finger marks, as if he was restrained to hard. I don't know what happened, all I know is he came home with marks on him and that's not supposed to happen. I think the good teachers at McAlpine should find another school to teach at.
- Posted by Parent - misty
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.