Providence High School
- The student population of 1991 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,991 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 20:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.45 is equal to the state average of 0.45. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Charlotte-mecklenburg s School District's student population of 145,636 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 70% has decreased from 95% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,921 in this district is less than the state average of $11,110. The district revenue/student has declined by 21% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,023 is less than the state average of $11,529. The district spending/student has declined by 16% over four years.
|School District Name||Charlotte-mecklenburg s School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||145,636||912|
|District Total Revenue||$1,419 MM||$10 MM|
|District Spending||$1,433 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,921||$11,110|
|District Spending / Student||$10,023||$11,529|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Matthews Elizabeth Lane Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 925 students
121 Elizabeth Ln
Matthews, NC 28105
CharlotteOlde Providence Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 717 students
3800 Rea Rd
Charlotte, NC 28226
MatthewsMatthews Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 1006 students
200 Mcdowell Ave
Matthews, NC 28105
Charlotte South Charlotte Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 856 students
8040 Strawberry Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
CharlotteLansdowne Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 643 students
6400 Prett Ct
Charlotte, NC 28270
I'm currently a sophomore at Providence. The teachers are either extremely hard, or easy. There is no middle ground. There are too many people at Providence as well, forcing most kids to eat in the mall, which actually means we eat cramped on the floor. Everyone treats each other like mortal enemies, there are ridiculously high standards, and it's an extremely cliquey school. It's basically a private school, and economically, most students here are from very wealthy families- just count the number of Range Rovers in the parking lot.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - court