- The student population of 657 students has grown by 8% over five years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-8|
|Total Students||657 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Socrates Academy School District's student population of 657 students has grown by 8% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $4,652 in this district is less than the state average of $10,864. The district revenue/student has declined by 39% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $4,157 is less than the state average of $10,591. The district spending/student has declined by 45% over four years.
|School District Name||Socrates Academy School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||657||912|
|District Total Revenue||$3 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$3 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$4,652||$10,864|
|District Spending / Student||$4,157||$10,591|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Mckee Road Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 493 students
4101 Mckee Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
- MatthewsAntioch Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 744 students
3101 Antioch Church Road
Matthews, NC 28104
- Charlotte Providence Spring Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 871 students
10045 Providence Church Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
- MatthewsMatthews Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 1006 students
200 Mcdowell Ave
Matthews, NC 28105
- Matthews Elizabeth Lane Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 925 students
121 Elizabeth Ln
Matthews, NC 28105
This is our first year at Socrates Academy. We have a Kindergarten student and a fifth grade student. Although we had heard great things about the school's academic program before enrolling, we were amazed at how welcoming the teachers, administrators, parents and students were to both our children from day one. A new school can be an adjustment for a fifth grader and Kindergarten can prove to be a long day for little ones. But, the teachers, staff and volunteering parents work together to help make the environment as safe and supportive as possible. We would like to thank teachers, such as Mrs. Brooks who goes beyond her daily teaching role to come up with new ways to help her students without ceasing, Mrs. VanAlphen who greets every student and adult with an equally big smile and somehow makes science class the exciting adventure it should be, and Mrs. Howle who lovingly cares for each and every student equally. Unfortunately, the review would be too lengthy to list all the names of those deserving to be noted. So, we would like to give a massive thank you to All the teachers and staff! Volunteering parents are also on our list of reasons to attend this school. They have been a huge part in the success of the school, and they make new parents feel encouraged to participate as well. My advice to new parents is to jump into volunteering from the start, which is easy to do with so many class and general school opportunities. The more you do at the school, the more people you will meet and the more quickly you will feel that unique supportive family-like atmosphere this school can offer.
- Posted by Parent - catbo