Mclouth Elementary School
Mclouth Elementary School serves 241 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Mclouth Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 35-39% (which is approximately equal to the Kansas state average of 37%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Kansas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
Mclouth Elementary School's student population of 241 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mclouth Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,267 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Mclouth Elementary School is 0.25, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#350 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KS Dept. of Education
Review Mclouth Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Are Your Local Public School Instructors Still Qualified to Teach?
Federal legislation has outlined stricter qualification guidelines for public school teachers. Learn about the minimums and whether your local public school teachers are still qualified to instruct classrooms.
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.