- Meir School's student population of 1,147 students has grown by 52% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 147% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||1,147 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meir School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#786 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milwaukee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Pathways High School Grades: 9-12 | 79 students
336 W Walnut St
Milwaukee, WI 53232
(414)943-2891 0.2 9-12 79
- Milwaukee Alliance School Of Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 203 students
850 W Walnut St
Milwaukee, WI 53205
(414)267-5400 0.4 9-12 203
- Milwaukee Carver Academy Grades: PK-8 | 415 students
1900 N 1st St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
(414)267-0500 0.4 PK-8 415
- Milwaukee Elm Creative Arts Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 394 students
900 W Walnut St
Milwaukee, WI 53205
(414)267-1800 0.5 PK-5 394
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.