Mendenhall High School
- Mendenhall High School's student population of 540 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mendenhall High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#587 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Simpson Co Dist School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mendenhall Mendenhall Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 548 students
814 East Street
Mendenhall, MS 39114
(601)847-2621 0.1 K-4 548
- Mendenhall Simpson Co Technical Center
3415 Simpson Hwy 49
Mendenhall, MS 39114
(601)847-4000 2.4 n/a n/a
- Pinola Simpson Central School Grades: K-8 | 559 students
755 Simpson Hwy 28 West
Pinola, MS 39149
(601)847-2630 8.1 K-8 559
- Puckett Puckett Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 383 students
6382 Hwy 18
Puckett, MS 39151
(601)825-6140 9.9 K-6 383
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.