Mendenhall Elementary School
- Mendenhall Elementary School's student population of 557 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mendenhall Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#284 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Simpson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mendenhall Mendenhall High School Grades: 9-12 | 570 students
207 Circle Drive
Mendenhall, MS 39114
(601) 847-2411 0.1 9-12 570
- Mendenhall Simpson County Technical Center
3415 Simpson Hwy 49
Mendenhall, MS 39114
(601) 847-4000 2.5 n/a n/a
- Pinola Simpson Central School Grades: K-8 | 578 students
755 Simpson Hwy 28 West
Pinola, MS 39149
(601) 847-2630 8.1 K-8 578
- Puckett Puckett Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 363 students
6382 Hwy 18
Puckett, MS 39151
(601) 825-6140 10.0 K-6 363
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.