Meridian High School
Meridian High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Meridian High School's student population of 125 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meridian High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2643 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Meridian CUSD 101 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mounds Meridian Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
1401 Mounds Rd
Mounds, IL 62964
(618) 342-6778 0.4 PK-8 329
- Cairo Cairo Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 170 students
4201 Sycamore St
Cairo, IL 62914
(618) 734-4102 7.6 6-12 170
- Cairo Cairo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 213 students
3101 Elm St
Cairo, IL 62914
(618) 734-1027 8.2 PK-5 213
- Murphysboro Five County Regional Alternative Grades: Inquire with school
1001 Walnut Street
Murphysboro, IL 62966
(618) 687-7290 8.6 Inquire with school n/a
- Metropolis Starquest Academy Rssp South Grades: 8-12 | 3 students
1102 W 10th St
Metropolis, IL 62960
(618) 342-6778 10.2 8-12 3
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.