Merle J Abbett Elementary School
Merle J Abbett Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Merle J Abbett Elementary School's student population of 476 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Merle J Abbett Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1725 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fort Wayne Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Levan R Scott Academy Grades: PK-5 | 374 students
950 E Fairfax Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
(260)467-8050 0.6 PK-5 374
- Fort Wayne John S Irwin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 285 students
3501 S Anthony Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
(260)467-5310 0.7 K-5 285
- Fort Wayne Harrison Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 659 students
355 S Cornell Cir
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
(260)467-7000 1.0 PK-5 659
- Fort Wayne Jeff H Towles Intermediate School Grades: 1-8 | 596 students
420 E Paulding Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260)467-4300 1.0 1-8 596
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.