Mills River Elementary School
Mills River Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mills River Elementary School's student population of 539 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||539 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mills River Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henderson County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mills River Glenn C Marlow Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 556 students
1985 Butler Bridge Road
Mills River, NC 28759
(828)654-3225 2.9 K-5 556
- Hendersonville West Henderson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1106 students
3600 Haywood Road
Hendersonville, NC 28791
(828)891-6571 3.3 9-12 1106
- Fletcher Fletcher Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 486 students
500 Howard Gap Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828)684-0580 4.1 K-5 486
- Fletcher Fernleaf Community Charter Grades: K-3
40 Howard Gap Rd
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828)209-8860 4.6 K-3 n/a
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.