Mills River Elementary School
Mills River Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mills River Elementary School's student population of 539 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||539 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mills River Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#212 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henderson County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mills River Glenn C Marlow Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 556 students
1985 Butler Bridge Road
Mills River, NC 28759
(828)654-3225 2.9 K-5 556
- Hendersonville West Henderson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1106 students
3600 Haywood Road
Hendersonville, NC 28791
(828)891-6571 3.3 9-12 1106
- Fletcher Fletcher Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 486 students
500 Howard Gap Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828)684-0580 4.1 K-5 486
- Fletcher Fernleaf Community Charter Grades: K-3
40 Howard Gap Rd
Fletcher, NC 28732
(828)209-8860 4.6 K-3 n/a
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.