Comfrey Public School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public schools in Comfrey Public School District, serving 144 students. Comfrey Public School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Minnesota.
- Public schools in Comfrey Public School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus the Minnesota public school average of 57%), and reading proficiency score of 55% (versus the 60% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Minnesota public school average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Minnesota public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Comfrey Public School District|
|School District Website||http://www.comfreyps.new.rschooltoday.com/|
|School District Phone Number||(507) 877-3491|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,561 Schools|
|# of Students||144 Students||885,892 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||55,880 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
- Comfrey Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 520 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#439 out of 524 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||15,036 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||60,101 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 Students||82,282 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||97,668 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||133 Students||588,218 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||697 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||41,741 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||22,692|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||6||64,220|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||13||63,621|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6||64,478|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5||65,799|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8||67,321|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||13||67,763|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12||66,635|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||11||66,215|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||20||66,474|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||11||67,065|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14||66,025|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13||66,707|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12||70,877|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,458 is higher than the state median of $14,416. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,201 is higher than the state median of $14,606. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,458||$14,416|
|Revenue / Student||$17,201||$14,606|
Comfrey Public School District Public Schools (2021)
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.