Mint Hill Middle School
Mint Hill Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Mint Hill Middle School's student population of 1,195 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,195 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mint Hill Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#528 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte-Mecklenburg s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Matthews Crown Point Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 690 students
3335 Sam Newell Rd
Matthews, NC 28105
(980)343-6535 1.0 K-5 690
- Matthews Butler High School Grades: 9-12 | 2141 students
1810 Matthews-mint Hill Rd
Matthews, NC 28105
(980)343-6300 2.2 9-12 2141
- Charlotte Lebanon Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 758 students
7300 Lebanon Rd
Charlotte, NC 28227
(980)343-3640 2.2 PK-5 758
Great school, best middle school in Charlotte.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
I think that the teachers are very kind, and they do their best to help every student who attends this facility, but I still have a severe problem. The rules state that it is against the school policy to bully another student, yet I can see now that some of the students think it is ok not to follow these rules. I have been constantly bullied throughout the year, and I only just now notified the teachers. I believethat this would have been a wonderful school, if not for the students. They physically and verbally bully their peers and their excuse is always "lighten up! It was only a joke!" But this is NOT a joking matter. Because of them, I come home crying almost every night dreading my return to this place the next morning. I do think that the staff could do better to prevent this from happening, as most of this happens right under their noses. So please, if you are a parent looking at this, think wisely about who your child might be going to school with based on this statement.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - theav