Mls-mohall Elementary School serves 175 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Mls-mohall Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in North Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the North Dakota state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the North Dakota state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the North Dakota state level of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 1% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the North Dakota state average of 27% (majority American Indian).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 175 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 1%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in ND
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), ND Dept. of Education
Mls-mohall Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Mls-mohall Elementary School's student population of 175 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mls-mohall Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 459 schools in North Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Mls-mohall Elementary School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (ND)
Overall Testing Rank
#8 out of 459 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), ND Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mls-mohall Elementary School's ranking?
Mls-mohall Elementary School is ranked #8 out of 459 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in North Dakota.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% ND state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% ND state average).
How many students attend Mls-mohall Elementary School?
175 students attend Mls-mohall Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
99% of Mls-mohall Elementary School students are White, and 1% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Mls-mohall Elementary School?
Mls-mohall Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is higher than the North Dakota state average of 11:1.
What grades does Mls-mohall Elementary School offer ?
Mls-mohall Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Mls-mohall Elementary School part of?
Mls-mohall Elementary School is part of Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 1 School District.
Review Mls-mohall Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.