Montclair Elementary School
Montclair Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Montclair Elementary School's student population of 433 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montclair Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1048 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||No. 1 in the county of Denver and State of C School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Palmer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 274 students
995 Grape Street
Denver, CO 80220
(720)424-5000 0.8 PK-5 274
- Denver Odyssey School Of Denver Grades: K-8 | 234 students
6550 East 21st Avenue
Denver, CO 80207
(303)316-3944 1.0 K-8 234
- Denver Ashley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 403 students
1914 Syracuse Street
Denver, CO 80220
(720)424-9748 1.1 PK-5 403
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.