Moscow High School
Moscow High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Idaho for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Moscow High School's student population of 767 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||767 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Moscow High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 656 schools in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Moscow High School is Moscow School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 143 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Moscow School District's student population of 2,449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,319 is higher than the state average of $9,031. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,948 is less than the state average of $9,000. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Moscow School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,449||520|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||85-89%|
|District Total Revenue||$23 MM||$5 MM|
|District Spending||$22 MM||$5 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,319||$9,031|
|District Spending / Student||$8,948||$9,000|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Moscow Lena Whitmore Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 269 students
110 S Blaine St
Moscow, ID 83843
(208)882-2621 0.6 K-5 269
- Moscow West Park Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 201 students
510 Home St
Moscow, ID 83843
(208)882-2714 0.6 K-2 201
- Moscow Palouse Prairie Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 176 students
1500 Levick St
Moscow, ID 83843
(208)669-0423 0.7 PK-8 176
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.