Mt Brook Junior High School
Mt Brook Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Mt Brook Junior High School's student population of 1,052 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-9|
|Total Students||1,052 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mt Brook Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#14 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mountain Brook City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Crestline Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 744 students
3785 Jackson Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)871-8126 0.8 K-6 744
- Birmingham Mt Brook Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 514 students
3020 Cambridge Rd
Birmingham, AL 35223
(205)871-8191 0.9 K-6 514
- Birmingham Avondale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 560 students
4000 8th Ct S
Birmingham, AL 35222
(205)231-7130 1.9 PK-5 560
- Birmingham Brookwood Forest Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 494 students
3701 S Brookwood Rd
Birmingham, AL 35223
(205)414-3700 2.3 K-6 494
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.