Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 1,000 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 26:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 30% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Muir K-8?
1,000 students attend Muir K-8.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
66% of Muir K-8 students are Hispanic, 16% of students are Asian, 12% of students are Black, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Hawaiian, and 1% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Muir K-8?
Muir K-8 has a student ration of 26:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Muir K-8 offer ?
Muir K-8 offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Muir K-8 part of?
Muir K-8 is part of Long Beach Unified School District.
Review Muir K-8. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities